Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Green Smoothie

This is my favorite green smoothie recipe!  I LOVE it!  And we often use it as a side dish at dinner.

Ingredients for about 40oz. batch
place ingredients in your blender in the following order:  
3 c. fresh spinach
1 fresh banana, or 1 frozen banana (sometimes I will use 2 bananas)
1.5 c. frozen mango
2 c. frozen pineapple
2 c. cold water (you could use milk, but I personally am vegan and am additional sugars free, so I just use water rather than milk or soy milk or any other kind of milk.)

 Blend it all up, and you get this naturally bright green smoothie!  It is so yummy to me!  And healthy :)
Of course you could add supplements, or some chia seeds, or flax seeds, and so forth.  
But I like to keep it simple.  When Steve makes smoothies, he throws in all kinds of stuff!  And they turn out yummy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment